On The System
Everyone so often, someone asks me for help putting photos “on the system”.
From past experience, putting photos “on the system” could mean:
- Copying photos from the camera to a USB stick.
- Copying photos from the camera to a network share.
- Picking a selection of photos from the 150 already on a network share.
- Uploading a selection of photos to the school website.
- Uploading a selection of photos to the school cat.
- All of the above.
I don’t know why the phrase “on the system” holds such an appeal for people who can’t express their problems in plain English, but it is no doubt these people who were the intended targets when the “speaking & listening” element was first added to the English GCSE.
(The other half is looking up the answers to things on Bing).