Mysterious Blue Smoke
As Adam Savage says:
“…when you see the mysterious blue smoke, electronics don’t work any more.”
Curiously, it also smelled like TCP.
About The Angry TechnicianThe Angry Technician is an experienced IT professional in the UK education sector. Normally found in various states of annoyance on his blog. All views are those of his imaginary pet dog, Howard.
These are the trials, tribulations, and outright rants of an IT professional on the front lines of technical support in the UK education sector.
- @IrritableTech Not actually referring to SIMS, which only serves to illustrate that other MISs are just as bad at issuing crap updates! 20 hours ago
- Also, never put UI changes in the release notes. Especially those that change the end user's workflow. Release notes are for BABIES. 21 hours ago
- ProTip for Application Developers: infuriate your users by adding new data grid view defaults in a 0.1 upgrade, with no way to change them! 21 hours ago
- Spot the difference: is your Griffin Survivor case a counterfeit?
- How to stream EVERY channel from Freeview onto your network
- Office 2013 error: "Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues" - fix it by clearing a key in the registry
- How to fix a broken/empty Jump List on Windows 7
- The Angry Technician's Guide to Managing Windows 7, you Idiots
- Helped identify a helpful topic Skip “Sign in to your Microsoft account” (Windows 8.1 Setup)? in the Windows 8.1 General Forum. 29th November, 2013
- Voted a helpful post in the Skip “Sign in to your Microsoft account” (Windows 8.1 Setup)? thread in the Windows 8.1 General Forum. 29th November, 2013
- Helped identify a helpful topic Unable to download ADK in the Windows 8.1 Installation, Setup, and Deployment Forum. 6th November, 2013
"The Angry Technician" by angrytechnician.wordpress.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Please read my submission policy.