Mysterious Blue Smoke
As Adam Savage says:
“…when you see the mysterious blue smoke, electronics don’t work any more.”
Curiously, it also smelled like TCP.
About The Angry TechnicianThe Angry Technician is an experienced IT professional in the UK education sector. Normally found in various states of annoyance on his blog. All views are those of his imaginary pet dog, Howard.
These are the trials, tribulations, and outright rants of an IT professional on the front lines of technical support in the UK education sector.
"The Angry Technician" by angrytechnician.wordpress.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Please read my submission policy.
- @RobertDowneyJr So... How'd you solve the icing problem? 4 days ago
- 7 years ago, Microsoft added a 'More Information' link for driver updates. It's "coming soon". sysdev.microsoft.com/en-US/Hardware… http://t.co/wc4XSqSFG0 4 days ago
- Comcast's outage fix ETA is basically just a big "FU" to getting any work done today. http://t.co/CCgQGdWDRJ 5 days ago
- How to stream EVERY channel from Freeview onto your network
- Office 2013 error: "Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues" - fix it by clearing a key in the registry
- Spot the difference: is your Griffin Survivor case a counterfeit?
- Google not loading first time in IE11 via a web proxy on Windows 8.1? Turn off SPDY support.
- How to fix a broken/empty Jump List on Windows 7
- Helped identify a helpful topic New Server 2012 R2 Getting AD / SYSVOL Mismatch in the Group Policy Forum. 25th April, 2014
- Replied to a forums thread Update KB2923768 is breaking my SkyDrive/OneDrive (Domain Setup/ Roaming Profile/User Rights) in the Windows 8.1 General Forum. 8th April, 2014
- Commented on the blog post Exploring Windows 8.1 Update – Start Screen, Desktop and Other Enhancements on the Technet Blogs. 7th April, 2014