For fsck sake
“Why is this remote restart taking so long?” I wondered, watching a successive stream of Request timed out messages being returned from PING.
One long walk to the server room later…
Say what you want about Windows, but Windows Server doesn’t spontaneously decide to do a disk check during restart.
About The Angry TechnicianThe Angry Technician is an experienced IT professional in the UK education sector. Normally found in various states of annoyance on his blog. All views are those of his imaginary pet dog, Howard.
These are the trials, tribulations, and outright rants of an IT professional on the front lines of technical support in the UK education sector.
- Spot the difference: is your Griffin Survivor case a counterfeit? wp.me/plTNe-181 2 hours ago
- Not sure how Twitter determines the placement of promoted tweets, but the comedy timing of this Intel one is perfect. http://t.co/uzZGHIhJ5H 6 hours ago
- RT @Shock_Monster: Her: I love to read! Me: Great! What's your favorite book? Her: Book? Me: To read... Her: Oh, Facebook! Me: *tries stabb… 1 day ago
- Helped identify a helpful topic WSUS - Declining Superseded Updates in the WSUS Forum. 2nd May, 2013
- Contributed a helpful post to the IE10 on Windows 7: Spellcheck is broken if AppData is redirected to a UNC path thread in the Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 Forum. 1st March, 2013
- Asked the question IE10 on Windows 7: Spellcheck is broken if AppData is redirected to a UNC path in the Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 Forum. 1st March, 2013
"The Angry Technician" by angrytechnician.wordpress.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Please read my submission policy.