Adobe Reader 10.0.1 enterprise download is actually bug-filled version 10.0.0
After holding back on Adobe Reader X until version 10.0.1 was released to fix some typically egregious bugs (including one with opening files on DFS paths), I went to deploy it this week. Having dutifully signed up for the ridiculous and unnecessary annual distribution licence, I downloaded the enterprise distribution installer, unsurprisingly named AdbeRdr1001_en_US.exe.
I installed it on a test rig, and was honestly not surprised to find that the DFS bug was still there. What did surprise me was the reason: when I went to check the version number, and found I had 10.0.0 installed.
I then double-checked the .msi I’d extracted from the setup program with Orca, and, lo and behold:
Examining the versions in the File table yielded the same story: the version of the core AcroRd32.dll was listed as 10.0.0.407, when it should have been 10.0.1.434.
In short, Adobe have published the wrong version on their official site and FTP server. There are precious few conclusions that can be drawn from this other than that they have no idea what on earth they are doing on a day to day basis.
If you want the actual 10.0.1 version, you need to apply the appropriate .msp patch from the Adobe Reader update page.