Following the network outage yesterday, I spent most of today restarting computers for people who didn’t bother reading the message about restarting their computers if they were having problems after the network outage.
The message took up 1/4 of the screen, was on a bright yellow background, and they had to click past it on their way to opening a ticket.
About The Angry TechnicianThe Angry Technician is an experienced IT professional in the UK education sector. Normally found in various states of annoyance on his blog. All views are those of his imaginary pet dog, Howard.
These are the trials, tribulations, and outright rants of an IT professional on the front lines of technical support in the UK education sector.
- @cbites Yup, I remember the crap DHCP bug in the first gen iPad and more recently the captive portal problems in iOS 6. 4 hours ago
- RT @cbites: Bl**dy Apple devices, one of the biggest pains to a wireless network technician over the years community.ja.net/groups/wireles… 4 hours ago
- RT @ICTtower: Some sixth former put this up next to the temperamental printer, made me laugh! http://t.co/gItsYrnaLi 7 hours ago
- Reasons that normal people install Google Chrome
- How to stream EVERY channel from Freeview onto your network
- Office 2013 error: "Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues" - fix it by clearing a key in the registry
- Spot the difference: is your Griffin Survivor case a counterfeit?
- Google not loading first time in IE11 via a web proxy on Windows 8.1? Turn off SPDY support.
- Helped identify a helpful topic Office 2013 invisible windows in the Office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus - IT Pro General Discussions Forum. 25th February, 2014
- Contributed a helpful post to the IE10 on Windows 7: Spellcheck is broken if AppData is redirected to a UNC path thread in the Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11 Preview Forum. 15th January, 2014
- Voted a helpful post in the New Server 2012 R2 Getting AD / SYSVOL Mismatch thread in the Group Policy Forum. 8th January, 2014
"The Angry Technician" by angrytechnician.wordpress.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Please read my submission policy.